This project was dedicated mainly to the space exploration history and future. It was the first step towards creating the “Space Challenges 2010” Program. The plan was to make a formal course of lectures and to present it to as many young people from the region as possible. We planned to post the lectures also on the Web. The main idea of this project was to inspire the young people. We wanted to show them that they can develop as professionals in the field of space science and technology. It is EXTREMLY important for the young people to understand how space affects their life. For the success of this endeavor it was vital that we join forces with people who have previous experience in this field. We planned to start the project at the beginning of April 2009
The activities had to include:
- Making the program of activities and taking into account all the details
- Cooperating with members of the Bulgarian Space Research Institute and establishing contacts with leading professional space organizations
- Finding all the necessary literature and making financial planning
- Developing and updating special web pages dedicated to the project and its activities
- Finding partner organizations and friends from all over the World
- Organizing lectures and seminars and making a data base of all participants
- The registration of our forum will be free for all users.
We were planning to combine some of the activities of this project with the ones of the project “Eyes in Space.” We planned to send someone from our organizational committee to international forums. This way we wanted to exchange information about our activities directly with experienced organizations in this field. We tried also to establish close contacts with national space administrations from Europe and abroad and with private space sector companies and organizations. We expected at least 150 – 200 participants to take part in the first stage of the project. One year later, the “Space Challenges 2010” was born and it attracted the interest of more than 26 000 young students from all parts of the country. We were really proud to see how a vision for a project turned out to be a very successful program that inspired the young people and made them more acquainted to space than ever before.